Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Transience of Greatness

I've always wondered how it is that greatness doesn't spawn greatness? This is true of all great leaders or visionaries, irrespective of their fields - Buddha, Confucius, Alexander, Harsha, Gandhi, Mandela, Churchill, Da Vinci, Michaelangelo,Einstein, Newton, Spielberg, Hitchcock,Jack Welch, Rockefeller......Is it because brilliance is a gift, vision is personal? Or is it because vision and brilliance are transient, changing with the times?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger Eroteme said...

I would say brilliance is a gift and greatness is incidental, neither of which can be cloned ...

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger penuryof thought said...

Hi, I tend to agree with you, but hope never dies in the human race right? You procreate hoping that the brillance continues...

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Eroteme said...

Sometimes, one creates (procreates? I ain't in that business yet!) with the hope that it stays unparalleled for eternity... BTW, the Tao blog is gathering cobwebs. I work more on the other one...

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, for me, the times, I have been "able" to be myself, irrespective of environment and situations around me, call it "being in the matrix", is very few months. and am not even willing to stop writing this entry to be nostalgic about it! And I had to spend a lot of time on composing myself to get there.

I have a few friends who have been adult(in their chosen fields of pacification: karma, realism, biology) about this whole thing- knowing they can do only as much, and continuing to pursue their lives and children just the same.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home